Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exam #1 at the Testing Center

All of my classes this semester are requiring exams to be proctored.  Luckily, USU has an education center in Salt Lake City.  They do distance education classes there and have a testing center.  Last Friday I took my first exam of the semester.  It was for my adult development and aging class. 
I've always been a fast test taker.  If I don't know the answer,then I don't know the answer.  I'm not one to sit and stew over it thinking I'll figure it out.  This test was mostly multiple choice with a few short answer questions thrown in.  I had studied the exam guide the professor had given us and felt pretty ready.
I was allotted 2 hours to take the exam.  I was in and out in about 20 minutes.  I felt pretty good about most of it, but was pretty sure I'd gotten my eye diseases mixed up.  The lady running the testing center was surprised I was done so soon and gave me a sort of "there's no way you finished that fast and did well" kind of a look. 
I got my score yesterday.  Can you say 96%?!  Sorry, but I'm a little excited.  Taking such a long break from school really put some doubts into my head about how well I would do.  So that 96% just made my day and gave me the nudge that I needed to keep moving forward.  I guess being a mommy hasn't sucked out ALL my brain cells yet.  It just goes to show that you can store all the lyrics to several Backyardigans episodes and knowledge about the biopsychosocial perspective on aging in the same brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment