Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Accidental Test

I just finished taking my first exam for my Economics class.  I took it entirely by accident and wasn't at all prepared!  I was checking my blackboard class site to see if the test needed to be taken at the testing center or at home when I accidentally clicked on the "begin assessment" button. The exam window popped up and there was no turning back.  I had one hour and if I closed the window I wouldn't be able to take the exam again.  I would be lying if I didn't say that a little part of me freaked out just a bit. 
And, of course, when I'm about half way through, the kids start arguing with each other in the other room.  It got to the point where I knew I had to intervene.  So, my kiddos spent the remainder of my test in time out. 
The test was mostly true or false questions with a few essay questions at the end.  I ended up with a grade of 88% on the portion that has been graded.  Not bad for not even having read the last chapter.  The test was closed book, which I honored.  Sometimes it can be very tempting to just open that textbook when these tests are at home.  Especially when you didn't mean to take the test.  I guess I'll have to be more careful about my clicking from here on out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment