Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seriously, Chemistry is Frying my Brain!

So this week is my first exam in my environmental chemistry class.  The good news is that it is an at home, non-proctored exam and is open book, open anything.  The bad news is that it consists of doing research and writing 4 separate essays.  I emailed the professor today to ask how long he wants these essays to be, because the questions that he poses could easily be 3-5 page research papers and I'm not sure how to condense it all down into an "essay".  I haven't heard back yet. 
I started the first one today and it's just exhausting.  I think it's because I have absolutely no interest in the subject matter.  The test is due next Tuesday, which wouldn't be a problem except that we've decided to take an impromptu camping trip this weekend.  Nate has a rare three days off in a row, so we thought we'd take advantage of it.  We're leaving early tomorrow and will get back on Sunday.  So I guess my Monday and Tuesday will be fabulous cramming days finishing up this test.  Hooray! 
I can't wait for this semester to be over.  I'm usually such a stickler for getting A's, but with this class there will be rejoicing in the land if I can at least pass it.  Eight weeks.   Eight weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment